Christina Delos Reyes, MD
Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, CWRU School of Medicine Psychiatrist, UH Cleveland Medical Center
Christina Delos Reyes, MD
Christina M. Delos Reyes, MD is medical consultant at the Center for Evidence-Based Practices at Case Western Reserve University and its two Ohio Coordinating Center of Excellence (CCOE) initiatives—the Substance Abuse and Mental Illness (SAMI) CCOE and Supported Employment (SE) CCOE. In this capacity, she provides technical assistance (program consultation, clinical consultation, and training) to service systems and organizations that are implementing evidence-based practices, emerging best practices, and other strategies that improve quality of life and other outcomes for people diagnosed with severe mental illness and substance use disorders. The practices and strategies include the following:
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT)
- Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT)
- Dual Diagnosis Capability in Addiction Treatment (DDCAT)
- Dual Diagnosis Capability in Mental Health Treatment (DDCMHT)
- Tobacco Recovery Across the Continuum (TRAC)
- Supported Employment / Individual Placement Services (SE / IPS)
- Integrating primary healthcare with behavioral healthcare Dr. Delos Reyes is board certified in both adult psychiatry and addiction psychiatry and is a diplomate of the American Board of Addiction Medicine. She is an associate professor at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, where she teaches medical students and psychiatry residents. She is also director of the Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship at University Hospitals Case Medical Center in Cleveland and associate professor of social work at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences at Case Western Reserve. Following a decade of work in a community mental-health center in Cleveland, she was named Chief Clinical Officer of the Alcohol, Drug Addiction, and Mental Health Services (ADAMHS) Board of Cuyahoga County, where she served from 2009 to 2013. Dr. Delos Reyes' training has included psychopharmacology both for mental illness and substance use disorders, individual therapy, group therapy, psychoeducation, and working with interdisciplinary teams. She is a member of the Motivational Interviewing Network of
Trainers (MINT), an international association of trainers in motivational interviewing. She has authored and co-authored numerous publications related to implementation of evidence- based practices, including a chapter about Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment in Evidence- Based Mental Health Practice: A Textbook , a popular book that focuses on multiple evidence- based practices which was edited by Robert Drake, MD, and colleagues from the New Hampshire-Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center (click here).
Dr. Delos Reyes earned her medical degree from the Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine (NEOUCOM) in 1996, and she completed her psychiatry residency and Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship at University Hospitals Case Medical Center.University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center.